The Fair Media Council has created a special package for qualifying nonprofits to increase their understanding of news and media relations skills, as part of Dec. 5’s ‘The News Conference: Real & Powerful,’ at the Garden City Hotel.
At a special ticket rate of $99, qualifying nonprofits may attend The News Conference luncheon, keynoted by two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning Editorial Cartoonist Walt Handelsman of The New Orleans Advocate and enjoy networking, followed by a two-hour intensive workshop on media relations.
During the workshop, participants may expect to learn:
- The importance of media relations in the changing media landscape
- How to set daily, quarterly and yearly media relations’ goals and activities
- How to quantify achievements and illustrate the “worth” of media relations to their organizations
- The definition of news and a news cycle
- Two techniques for news coverage: Proactive and reactive
- Story pitching tips and preparation
- Common mistakes made when working with the media
- How to establish credibility with the media
“This workshop has been specifically designed to address the capacity building needs of nonprofit organizations,” said Fair Media Council Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director Jaci Clement. “Telling their stories and being part of the public conversation is often cited as one of the most challenging aspects for nonprofits. This workshop will offer insight into some of the best practices of effective media relations professionals in an atmosphere that encourages audience participation.”
This workshop will feature multiple presenters.
Tickets must be purchased in advance, and space is limited. To qualify for a $99 ticket, a nonprofit’s annual revenue must be less than $250,000.
To purchase a ticket via credit card, click here and choose ‘NFP ticket’ from the dropdown menu..
To pay by check, made out to Fair Media Council, mail it to Fair Media Council c/o Briarcliffe College, 1055 Stewart Ave., Bethpage, N.Y. 11714. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are mailing in a reservation.
For questions, please call 516-224-1860, ext. 1 or email email@example.com.