BENEFITS: Featuring Exclusive Opportunities for Open Dialogue with News Media, Becoming Part of the Public Conversation & Being Your Own Media Watchdog
Finding news you can trust and believe has never been harder, and the ramifications for our democracy have never been more serious. Luckily, the Fair Media Council is here to help and invites your organization to become a member of FMC today. By doing so, you not only support FMC’s exclusive mission, you strengthen society while enjoying benefits to help you become part of the public conversation.
Unlike any organization in the country, the Fair Media Council advocates for quality news and works to create a media-savvy society. benefits
Based on Long Island, FMC spans the New York metro area, working with local and national media to address news issues. Demystifying media and the news process for the public is a vital element of FMC’s work.
Exclusive opportunities for open dialogue with news media, original commentary and stories tailored to understanding today’s complicated media landscape and tips for navigating the news are among the many ways we work to educate and enlighten.
While FMC educates, it also provides exclusive opportunities for organizations to heighten their brand awareness, marketing and promotion. Among the member benefits, in addition to supporting the work of FMC to advocate for quality news in an era marked by fake news, are the following:
- Listing in FMC’s member directory, featuring your logo and a link back to your website. You’ll be included with such leading organizations such as Northwell Health, Mazars USA, Bethpage Federal Credit Union, St. John’s University, Alure Home Improvements and Long Island Cares, among many others.
- Listing in our Source Book for you and whomever else at your organization you choose to feature. The Source Book is designed to help the news media find you for interviews and is promoted to more than 7,000 readers of our weekly newsletter, which is read inside newsrooms and boardrooms throughout the region.
- Access to our exclusive Media Guide, which uses data visualization to enable you to navigate the news as well as provide contact information.
- Mentions in our newsletter, The Latest, read by more than 7,000 media and business leaders throughout the New York metro area and beyond.
- Ongoing opportunities to meet the media, which is vital to strengthening every organization’s media relations efforts.
- Job postings in our weekly newsletter and across our social media sites are free for member organizations.
- Discounts on event tickets for all members of your organization. Next event: The News Conference: Real & Powerful, Nov. 29, 2018, 8 am to 4 pm, The Garden City Hotel. Featuring the best in national and local news to take you behind headlines, beyond soundbites and build your connections to the news media you need to know to heighten awareness of your brand, products and services.
- Opportunities to become event sponsors, speakers and exhibitors at Long Island’s biggest media events.
For more details about Fair Media Council member benefits and to join now, please click here.
The Fair Media Council is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, headquartered on Long Island, N.Y.
Call 516-224-1860, ext. 1 or email email@example.com for more information.
Getting into The Latest, FMC’s weekly newsletter gets your message inside newsrooms like these