Rules For News Media Entries
NOTE: Up to two entries per category by a single entity allowed.
1. Long Island content must be substantial. Entries need not be exclusively about Long Island, but the topics should be of particular interest or concern to Long Islanders or Long Island communities.
2. Entries must be received with payment by Jan. 31, 2014 by 5 p.m. Late entries will not be eligible. Entry fees apply. Entries must be submitted using official entry form.
3. Entries must be as broadcast, published or posted – no edited versions or composites.
4. Entries broadcast or published outside of the 12/1/12 – 11/30/13 time frame will be disqualified.
5. Entries with incomplete entry forms will be disqualified.
6. All news outlets are eligible to enter, regardless of location.
7. Entries may be submitted by media outlet or, if the work of a freelancer, by the freelancer.
8. The Fair Media Council reserves the right to withhold awards in any category or to transfer an entry to another category.
9. Podcasts are eligible to enter in the Radio category.
10. Television entries: Only one entry per per link, which must include a fully-completed entry form.
11. Radio entries: Only ONE entry per link, which must include a fully-completed entry form.
12. Applicants are responsible for ensuring hyperlinks remain active through March 31st
13. Links and completed entry forms must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2014
14. Entries become property of the Fair Media Council.
15. Good Luck!
Rules For Social Media Entries
- Open to businesses, nonprofit organizations and media in the greater New York metro area.
- Agencies may submit work on behalf of clients. (Client, not agency, will be recognized if deemed a winner.)
- Campaigns may include use of social networking sites, web sites, blog sites, podcasts, email and online advertising.
- All entries must contain elements of news or information important to a community or target audience. Entries purely promotional in nature will be disqualified.
- Entries must be received with payment by Jan. 31, 2014 by 5 p.m. Late entries will not be eligible.
- Entry fees apply (See Entry Form).
- Entries must include:
* Summary not to exceed 200 words of concept, goals and defined outcome of campaign. (See below for details.)* Any related Creative Materials
* Maximum of 10 individual creative elements per entry, with no more than three individual creative elements per medium. Maximum file size is 50 MB.
- Submissions must have become active campaigns between Dec. 1, 2012 to Nov. 30, 2013. (Campaigns may still be active to be considered eligible, as long as tangible results may be documented.)
- The summary is expected to include:* A title.* A 200-word (or less) description that highlights the strategy behind the entry and the reason it deserves an award, gives an understanding of the background and the challenge and evidence of results.*Do not include the names of the agency or the individuals in the summary or at any time in the creative examples. This information should only be included on the entry form (so that the judges can show no bias).
- Entries with incomplete entry forms will be disqualified.
- The Fair Media Council reserves the right to withhold awards in any category or to transfer an entry to another category.
- Entries become property of the Fair Media Council.
- Good Luck!