Rules For News Media Entries
NOTE: Up to two entries per category by a single entity allowed.
1. Long Island content must be substantial. Entries need not be exclusively about Long Island, but the topics should be of particular interest or concern to Long Islanders or Long Island communities.
2. Entries must be received with payment by Friday, Jan. 31, 2014 by 5 p.m. Late entries will not be eligible.
3. Entry fees apply.
4. Entries must be submitted using official entry form.
5. Entries must be as broadcast, published or posted – no edited versions or composites.
6. Entries broadcast or published outside of the 12/1/12 – 11/30/13 time frame will be disqualified.
7. Entries with incomplete entry forms will be disqualified.
8. All news outlets are eligible to enter, regardless of location.
9. Entries may be submitted by media outlet or, if the work of a freelancer, by the freelancer.
10. The Fair Media Council reserves the right to withhold awards in any category or to transfer an entry to another category.
11. Podcasts are eligible for entry in the Radio category.
12. Internet TV programs are eligible for entry in the TV category.
13. Entries may consist of a hyperlink to the story being submitted, or on a disc that is compatible with Windows Media Player.
14. Television entries: Only ONE entry per per link or disc, each of which must include a fully-completed entry form.
15. Radio entries: Only ONE entry per link or disc, each of which must include a fully-completed entry form.
16. Entrants are responsible for ensuring hyperlinks remain active through March 31, 2014, to allow time for the judging process to be completed.
17. Links and completed entry forms must be emailed to [email protected] before 5 p.m., Jan. 31, 2014.
18. Entries may be paid for with credit card or by check made out to Fair Media Council. Payment must be received before 5 p.m., Jan. 31, 2014.
19. Entries become property of the Fair Media Council.
20. Good Luck!